My favorite thing about the holiday season – beyond spending time with my loved ones – is giving gifts. My family has always been very enthusiastic about gift-giving, to say the least. On Christmas Day, you can feel the anticipation building – and we’re all more excited about giving than receiving. We open our gifts right after eating a HUGE traditional English Christmas dinner. We each take turns opening a gift, one-by-one, around the room. It’s so much fun to see each other’s faces light up!
I’m all about shopping local and giving unique gifts – I love the surprise of giving a gift that is thoughtful and unexpected! Sometimes, the best gifts are ones that are simple and meaninful: ones that immediately summon a memory of a place you’ve shared together, or give the recipient a new perspective or experience of the city. If you’re looking to do the same this holiday season, look no further than this Cincinnati gift guide.
For the foodie:
- The Findlay Market Cookbook
- A Please pop-up dinner (join the e-newsletter list for details).
- A Wine-of-the-Month Club membership at the Wine Merchant.
- A sushi-making class at Sushi Bears.
For the one with the sweet tooth:
For the craft beer lover:
For the artsy friend:
- A pottery painting date at Funke Fired Arts.
- A photography class with Hartong Digital Media (serious pros).
For the yogi:
For the dog lover:
For the friend who just bought their first place:
For the one who needs to unwind:
Until next time,